The Classic Pie Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400°; set pizza dough out at room temp for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle a clean work surface with flour; roll dough into a 1⁄2" flat, 10–12" round or rectangle. Place it on a baking sheet or in a cast iron pan, brush 1/8 with olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt.
- Place dough in oven and prebake for about 10 minutes, then remove. Top pizza with marinara sauce, mozzarella, and oregano, and bake on the middle rack for 12–15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining sea salt and chili flakes, plus basil and sun-dried tomatoes if desired. Enjoy.
Nutrition Per Slice: 200 Calories. 13g Protein. 35g Carbohydrates. 2.75g Fat.
Sweet Potato & Mushroom Pizza
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 10 minutes. Add in sliced mushrooms and sauté for an additional 10 minutes.
- On a clean work surface, roll out pizza dough and place it on a large baking sheet or pizza stone. Brush dough with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Prebake for about 5 minutes or until golden brown; remove from the oven.
- Topping crust: Using a large spoon, spread the base of pizza with sweet potato puree and sautéed onions and mushrooms, and top with cheese. Place back in the oven on the middle rack for 10–12 more minutes, until dough is crisp and cooked through. Remove from oven, sprinkle with arugula and balsamic vinegar, and serve hot.
Nutrition Per Slice: 218 Calories. 7g Protein. 30g Carbohydrates. 8g Fat.
Bacon & Sautéed Kale Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400° and set pizza dough out at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- On a clean work surface with a touch of flour, roll out pizza dough into a 1⁄2" flat, 10–12" round. Place it on a large baking sheet or pizza stone, or in a round cast-iron pan. Brush dough with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, then prebake for about 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon and cook until crisp; set aside to drain on paper towels. Add diced onion to the pan and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add chopped kale to the pan and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Top pizza with marinara sauce, mozzarella, and sautéed kale and onions. Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 12–14 minutes.
- Two to 4 minutes before pizza is ready, crack egg on top and bake until crust is crisp and egg is slightly cooked. Remove from the oven, cool slightly, and serve alongside a blond ale brew.
Nutrition Per Slice: 257 Calories. 13g Protein. 30g Carbohydrates. 8g Fat.